We collect a very limited set of personal data for:
- Training course attendees
- Newsletter subscribers (via website)
Who processes your information?
Your data will be not be outsourced to any third party processor.
Why do we collect and use your information?
PBTP collects your personal data either relating to your attendance of our training courses, or as a subscriber to our Newsletter. We collect and use personal data in accordance with the GDPR and UK law, for the purposes of:
- Building a record of training delivered by PBTP partners
- To support trainee development (e.g. to authenticate users for on-line resources access)
- To assess the quality of our service
Which data is collected?
The categories of information that PBTP collects, holds and shares include the following:
- Personal contact information – e.g. names and email addresses
- Course attendance information – e.g. course type, venue, date completed
When collecting data, PBTP will provide you with specific and explicit information with regards to the reasons the data is being collected and how the data will be used.
How long is your data stored for?
In accordance with the GDPR, PBTP does not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Is my data secure?
Your data is stored in data centres belonging to our web hosting partners Krystal. These data centres are manned 24/7 and ensure security, from the physical controls stopping unauthorised access within the data centre to the system teams securing the network and platforms. When data is transmitted to and from our website it is encrypted using SSL. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify our Data Protection Officer
Will my information be shared?
PBTP normally has no need to share personal data with any third party and will not do so. The exception to this is where, at the request of commissioner of a course, we are asked to provide records of attendance/completion of that course. Personal course evaluations will be anonymised before sharing with commissioners.
What are your rights?
Course trainees and newsletter subscribers have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about how PBTP uses your personal data
- Request access to the personal data that PBTP holds
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted
- Object to your personal data being processed
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
If you have a concern about the way PBTP is collecting or using your personal data, you can raise this concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Enacted 25th May 2018